Now that you have decided to take a shot at the CAT 2022, half of the mental battle is already won. However, all MBA aspirants must start their CAT coaching 2022 from now on to crack the exam. Especially when you are a beginner and have no idea about the exam structure, it is imperative you deep dive into the preparation right now.
This year CAT 2022 is expected to be held on November 27, 2022, and the online registration process for the same will begin in the first week of August 2022. Aspirants can use this time wisely as about a year is required for full-proof preparation.
Endeavor Careers have curated this blog especially for students who are taking the CAT exam for the first time. Whether you are in your final or pre-final year of undergrad college, follow the below tips to ace the CAT 2022.
CAT 2022: Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
The Common Admission Test, or CAT, is an annual management aptitude test held for admission to MBA/PGP programmes by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and more than 1,200 B-Schools across India. Approximately 2.30 lakh applicants take the CAT exam each year.
Image Source – The Indian Express
As CAT is a postgraduate programme, the minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree. The following are the CAT 2022 eligibility requirements:
- Aspirants must have a minimum of 50% in their undergraduate degree (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Students in their last year of a bachelor’s degree are also eligible to take the CAT exam.
- Professionally qualified candidates, such as CA/CS/ICWA, are also eligible to take the CAT.
The CAT exam lasts 120 minutes, with 40 minutes allotted to each of the three sections. The total number of questions is 66, with a total score of 198.
The Verbal Ability section consists of 24 questions for 72 points. Similarly, DILR consists of 20 questions worth a total of 60 points. Finally, Quants consist of 22 questions for 66 points.
Beginner’s CAT Preparation Tips – Avoiding Common Mistakes
When students enrol into the CAT preparation online classes, they leave everything upon their mentors. However, the onus of the exam lies on the students first and then anyone else. Hence, we suggest all aspirants avoid the below mistakes for CAT 2022.
1. Not Knowing The Exam Structure
Knowing the CAT structure and syllabus is one of the most vital and crucial things to undertake. Do not spend time practising topics you do not even know about. We advise you to get familiar with the exam structure first and then start the preparation. Moreover, you should also study the previous year exam analysis to have a better understanding of the exam structure.
Image Source – Indian Express
2. Starting Late
Many of you have already begun your online coaching for CAT 2022. Those who have not yet begun their preparations are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. You cannot complete the whole syllabus in a month or so. Ideally, all aspirants must start their preparation 9-12 months before the CAT exam.
3. Lack of Strategy
Not having a plan of action is like shooting arrows in the dark. Having a versatile approach and a robust strategy is significant to ace the CAT 2022 preparation. Endeavor Careers provide the best online coaching for cat preparation and follows a personalized approach to devise tailor-made strategies for different students.
4. Poor Study Resources
Since the internet is a deep ocean, there are numerous free online materials including various quizzes, mock tests, etc. However, not all of these resources are useful. The reputed online cat preparation courses provide students with authentic and correct resources to prepare from.
5. Lack of Practice
One of the major reasons why students are not able to clear the CAT exam is lack of practice. As a result, students should not assume that they have grasped the material without practising. The best CAT coaching online can help you learn actively by understanding a concept and then putting it into practice.
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension?
If you are not adequately prepared, the VARC section may appear to be the most difficult. Since it covers a wide range of topics and asks a wide range of questions. Refer to the below tips for VARC CAT preparation while taking online classes.
- Incorporate reading into your daily habits. Reading from different genres will help you prepare well for RC’s and grammar.
- Make a commitment to yourself to learn a new word from the text you read each day.
- Practice a lot of different verbal reasoning questions with a focus on the current trends in the exam pattern.
Preparation Tips for Quantitative Ability
The Quantitative Aptitude section of the CAT exam is one of the most important sections because it has a high chance of scoring 100%. The best online cat preparation course requires you to include the below tips in your preparation plan.
- The emphasis in this section should be on speed and accuracy. Although the course is basic 10 Maths, you must be able to apply it to different cases.
- Each section has a time limit of 40 minutes, so students have less than 1.5 minutes for each question. Hence, time management in this section is important.
- Cracking the quants section requires aspirants to practice a lot. Once you know the topics well, start practising sectional mock tests.
Acing the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section
Data interpretation and logical reasoning entail extensive preparation because they necessarily require analytical knowledge of subjects. Here are some tips that can help beginners ace this section.
- DI questions typically require a large number of calculations. As a result, having good mental calculation skills is a huge advantage in the CAT exam.
- When solving DI sets, make sure to look at the options before diving into the calculation part. Options are an important part of the questions in this section.
- Since logical reasoning questions are set-based, read the question carefully and collect the factual information before selecting an answer.
Ready to Embark on Your CAT 2022 Journey?
Because the CAT exam syllabus is extensive and the competition is fierce, it is necessary to invest a significant amount of effort to get a 95-99 percentile. Hence, enrol into the CAT exam online coaching by Endeavor Careers today to prepare online at the comfort of your home without spending hefty amounts.
Endeavor Careers is your one-stop destination for CAT coaching 2022 and other MBA entrance exams preparation. Our courses prepare you for the written exam as well as the subsequent stages. Contact us right away if you want to ace the CAT 2022 preparation and achieve stellar results.