All about SEVIS Fee Hike
The Department of Homeland Security published an official notification a few days back that will significantly affect international students.
International students seeking any type of entry visa into US – either as an exchange student or a full time student or a visiting scholar – are required to pay a fees called SEVIs fee. As of date, this fees is $200. For fee increases in different visa types, scroll to the end of this blog.
According to the notification, this fees will increase to $350 effective midnight 24th June 2019 (Eastern Time).
- Who will be affected?
Anyone who applies for an F, J, or M type of visa for US.
- I have already paid my SEVIs fee. Will I have to pay the difference amount?
As long as you have paid your SEVIs fee before the fee rise is implemented, you will NOT have to pay any difference amount.
- I have paid my SEVIs fee but want to transfer my SEVIs fee. Will I have to pay the difference amount?
If you submit your transfer request before the fee rise is implemented, you will NOT have to pay any difference amount. If you submit the transfer request on or after 24th June, you will have to pay the difference amount.
- I have not yet paid my SEVIs fee because I do not have my I-20. Can I pay the SEVIs fee without my I-20?
If you have your confirmed SEVIs ID from your university, yes you can pay the SEVIs fee without your I-20. You need some details – University Name, University SEVIs code, University address and Zip Code – to pay the SEVIs fee, along with your personal details.
- Why this increase?
It is a periodic evaluation of policies.
- I do not have my SEVIs ID. Can I pay the SEVIs fee?
No. Please do not do that.
- I do not have my SEVIs ID. What do I do if I want to not pay the higher fees?
Contact the admissions department at the university from which your I-20 is pending.
- What is the increase in the SEVIs fee?
|Type of Visa||Current Fee||Revised Fee|
- Where do I pay the SEVIs fee?
On this link https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html
Click “Pay I-901 fee”.