- The batch 2017-19 comprised of 70% male students and 30% female students, whereas the previous batch had only 17% female students.
- Around 54% of the students came with a bachelor’s degree from the top IITs, NITs and BITS in the batch 2017-19.
- For the batch 2017-19, 32% of the total batch comprised fresh graduates as compared to 24% for the previous batch.
- Among the students with work experience, IT/ITES, Engineering and Manufacturing, Consulting and Analytics were the major contributors.
- During summer placements for the batch 2017-19, 180 firms made a total of 458 offers. Rs 1.1 Lakh was the average stipend offered to the students. The highlight of the summer placement was that, Niti Aayog extended 5 offers to the students of IIM Calcutta. Goldman Sachs also has doubled its internship hiring this year for this batch.
- The major recruiters for the batch 2017-19 during the summer placements were Goldman Sachs, JPMC, CITI, Coca Cola, ITC, P&G, HUL, TAS, M&M, Uber, Amazon among others.
- During the final placements for the batch 2016-18, a total of 130 recruiters altogether made 479 offers. Among them, there were 133 pre-placement offers.
- The maximum CTC offered during the final placement is Rs 75 lakhs and a mean CTC for the entire batch is Rs 24.2 lakhs.
- In the final placements, Consulting emerged as the top sector with 27% jobs, followed by Finance with 23% and Sales and Marketing with 16%.
- At least 20% of the job offers of almost all the sectors were pre-placement offers, with 43% of consulting jobs being the highest.
- The major recruiters during the final placements are AT Kearney, BCG, CITI, Deloitte, Amazon, Reliance, P&G, Vodafone, Flipkart, Microsoft, Pepsico, Indigo, JPMC, Times Group among others.