Here’s a faster and easier way to stay updated – Subscribe to Endeavor on Whatsapp
AILET 2019 Exam Analysis
All India Law Entrance Test also known as AILET is conducted by National Law University, Delhi for admissions to undergraduate law programmes in the NLU. It offers 70 seats for 5-year integrated law programme known as BA LLB. The mode of exam is offline. The paper has maintained a negative marking policy this year as well. AILET 2019 exam has been conducted in more than 21 cities in India. AILET is the aptitude test that tests the aspirants on 5 key skills namely: English, Maths, Reasoning, Legal, and General Knowledge.
AILET 2019 snapshot is as follows:
Section wise analysis- AILET 2019
There were 35 questions in this section. Similar to 2018, this time also this section was grammar heavy with around 15 questions coming from sentence correction, Part of Speech, and figure of speech. Vocab and Reading comprehension constituted a similar number of questions around 8-10. The ideal attempts would be 23+. A good score will be 20+. The ideal time would be 21 minutes.
2. General Knowledge
This section had a total of 35 questions. Similar to 2018, this year’s GK was also heavy on current affairs. Around 80% of the questions were from current affairs. The current affairs topics were Global reports, Organizations, and their heads, constitution, sports, international news on the US and France, Babri Masjid, etc. The rest 20% constituted static GK. The topics from where the static GK questions came were geography and climate. The difficulty level of this section was moderate. Ideal attempts would be 22+. The ideal score would be 20+. The ideal time to be allocated would be 10-12 minutes.
3. Legal Aptitude
This section had total of 35 questions. Maintaining the previous year stance, this year also the Legal section has been the toughest. The difficulty level was high. Legal reasoning constituted around 40% of weightage with 15-17 questions. Legal knowledge constituted 60% of weightage with around 18-20 questions. This section was lengthy. There were questions with facts that were interrelated, so you had to be very sure in attempting such questions in reasoning because if you get one fact incorrect, the entire series of those 3-4 questions would be wrong. The questions came from recent judgments like Babri Masjid and PUBG and also from constitutional amendments. The difficulty level was Difficult. Ideal attempts would be 25+. The ideal time would be 30 minutes. A good score would be 21+.
This section also had 35 questions. The level of this section was moderate. The section was dominated by Critical reasoning with questions types like statement Assumptions, Statement- Course of action, Flaw in reasoning, and syllogism. Critical reasoning constituted for around 10-12 questions. Passage-based questions constituted for around 10-12 questions of moderate level. 2-3 questions each came from the topics: Directions, Analogies, and Blood relations. Ideal attempts would be 25+. The ideal time would be 20 minutes. A good score would be 20+ marks.
Maths was the easiest of all sections. There were a total of 10 questions that came from Time and Work, Ratios, Averages, Percentages, Time-Speed-Distance, and mensuration. Ideal attempts would be 8. Ideal time- 8 minutes. A good score would be 5+.
Overall analysis- AILET 2019
In the overall analysis, the aspirants would have found this paper as difficult and lengthy. Ideal attempts would be 110+ and the ideal score would be 85+. Overall the ideal score would be slightly less than the individual score because the paper is lengthy and difficult and therefore one might have emphasized more on a particular section than on the overall exam.
Recommended for you
As soon as the restrictions due to COVID-19 are annulled, the state of Maharashtra will aim to conduct its Common Entrance Test for admissions to various courses. The candidates aspiring to appear in the MHCET …
MAH Law CET (5-Year Law Program) – 2018: Exam Analysis Total Questions: 150 Total Marks: 150 Total Duration: 120 minutes (No sectional Time Limit) Marking System Marking: +1 for Correct, No Negative Marking Paper Pattern …
A genuine roller coaster ride: Three years, three papers. Cutoff for IIFT’13 was around 48.3 Cutoff for IIFT’14 was a little less than 38.5 Cutoff for IIFT’15 seems to be around 50 IIFT’15 was an …
Analysis of NMAT 2016-17 Other Examinations like to be Unpredictable. NMAT likes to be Standardized. NMAT has once again maintained its format and difficulty level (except for a couple of minor tweaks) same as the …
- Top 5 reasons to subscribe to CAT Mock Tests July 22, 2021
- Endeavor Careers Choicest Blogs: July 2021, Week 03 July 21, 2021
- Is MBA still relevant in 2021? July 15, 2021
- Current Affairs Choicest Blog: May 2021, Week 3 May 18, 2021
- Endeavor Careers Choicest Blogs: July 2021, Week 02 July 12, 2021