Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM) | 2019
The infrastructure sector is the backbone of any nation. Infrastructure projects in areas such as roads & bridges, urban infrastructure, ports & maritime, power, oil & gas, airports, real estate, mining, renewable energy, etc. are vital for robust economic growth and social development of the country.
For this purpose, this sector will require not only a huge amount of investments but also a large number of highly skilled managers and leaders. A humongous US$ 800 Billion worth Investment is expected in Infrastructure in India by 2022 – which will generate around 30 Million Employment Opportunities in India.
Currently, there is a large gap between the demand and the availability of trained human capital in the infrastructure domain. With the sustained high growth of the Indian economy, this gap is only going to widen in the future. That’s where the idea of an infrastructure institute was conceived at Adani!
Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management (AIIM) was founded in 2009 by the promoters of the Adani Group with a vision to establish an institution of excellence to provide world-class education and training to young professionals who would take up managerial and leadership positions in the infrastructure sector.
The aim is to create a pool of future business leaders who would contribute towards Nation-building!
AIIM offers 2 flagship (AICTE-approved 2-year full-time) programs:
- PGDM (Infrastructure Management)
- PGDM (Law)
About PGDM (Infrastructure Management)
- India’s Pioneering Program exclusively focused on Business Management education & training in the field of ‘Infrastructure Management’
- In-depth sectorial exposure to various Infrastructure Verticals such as Roads & Bridges, Ports, Urban Infrastructure, Real Estate, Railways, Airports, Power, Mining, Oil & Gas and Renewables
- Excellent Career Prospects in Infrastructure Companies, Consultancy Services, Government & PSUs, EPC Companies, Financial Institutions, Project Management Agencies, and Logistics & Supply Chain Companies
About PGDM (Law)
- India’s First-Ever Interdisciplinary Program blending Management Functions, Infrastructure Business Dynamics and its ‘Legal & Regulatory’ Aspects
- In-depth exposure to Infrastructure Policy & Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Cyber Laws, Economic Offences, Taxation, and ADR Mechanisms and their Business Applications
- Excellent Career Prospects in Corporates, Consultancy, and Law firms in areas such as Techno-Commercial, Tendering, Bidding, Regulatory and Corporate Governance and Securities & Capital Markets
Programs’ Pedagogy – How differently AIIM makes you learn
Distinguished faculty from academia and practitioners from industry steer the programs through lectures, presentations, and contemporary simulation-based interactive case studies to facilitate the practical implementation of theories and concepts.
Students are engaged in role plays, presentations, group projects and discussions based on pre-circulated published papers, case studies and case-lets with complex problems drawn from real-life critical situations faced by industries. Students are exposed to management films and lectures from renowned professors and world-class consultants/practitioners. Some of the classes are conducted in workshop mode for bringing in application orientation.
Summer Internship Program, Adani Infrastructure Lab and Apprenticeship Program are an integral part of the learning process on campus.
Faculty at AIIM – The Thought Leaders
Some of the best minds are associated with AIIM to ensure enriching learning experience for students. Almost 15 full-time faculty – all from reputed institutions across India, including IIMs and IITs – help maintain the industry-best student-faculty ratio of 4:1. Also, AIIM is proud to have on board more than 80 widely-acclaimed visiting faculty from across the country and abroad, not to mention many industry practitioners and corporate stalwarts thronging the campus for Expert Talks, Workshops, and Lecture Series owing to Adani’s Global Corporate Head Office is in the vicinity. Faculty at AIIM are also engaged with industry and academic fraternity through various research & consulting projects and case writings. They are the driving force behind various academic, non-academic initiatives and professional achievements of our program participants, both current students as well as alumni.
Students’ Clubs at AIIM
- Nexus: Project Management Club
- Intensity: Marketing & Operations Club
- SEED: Business Development, Strategy & Entrepreneurship Club
- Law-gical: Legal & Regulatory Club
- Metanoia: Creativity & Communications Club
- Shashtra: Finance, Economics and Policy Club
- ASPIRE: Sports & Cultural Club
Career Prospects after PGDM (Infrastructure Management)
- Government & PSUs
- Consulting Companies (Project / Management / Utility / Regulatory)
- Infrastructure Developers / Construction Co.’s / EPC Contractors
- Asset & Fund Management Companies
- Investment & Merchant Bankers
- Private Equity (PE) Investors
- Financial Institutions & Banks
- Engineering Companies
- Project Executing & Management Agencies
- Logistics & Supply Chain Companies
Career Prospects after PGDM (Law)
- Legal Departments
- Business Development (Tendering, Bidding)
- Regulatory & Corporate Governance
- Securities and Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Consulting Companies (Project / Management / Utility / Regulatory)
- Law Firms
Campus Recruitments at AIIM
The industry-ready curriculum, our extensive linkages with the industry and leverage from the parent organization – the Adani Group – help the graduating students in securing good placements. We are glad that the industry has been responding quite well to the Campus Recruitment Programs at AIIM. More than 70 MNCs (80% of total companies on campus) participate every year, offering an average 170 positions to an intake of 60 students, resulting in 100% placements record at the Institute since its inception. Salary statistics for the outgoing class of 2019 are INR 12.50 Lacs as highest and INR 7.50 Lacs as average.
Rewarding job-profiles in the areas of:
- Infrastructure consultancy
- Project & Infra finance
- Project management
- Risk analysis & audit
- Planning & project-execution
- Supply chain & logistics
- Business development
- Infra HR
- Business Process Transformation
- Land & Contracts
- Regulatory & Policy areas
Prominent Recruiters on Campus:
Companies are invited on campus in 7 different clusters: EPC Companies, Consulting Companies, Ports & Logistics Companies, Energy Companies, Real Estate Companies, Financial Institutions and Infrastructure Developers. Some of the prominent recruiters are:
Adani Group, Larsen & Toubro, Reliance Industries, Quattro RailTech, AFCONS, KPMG, Mott MacDonald, Ernst & Young, CBRE, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), Gammon India, Protiviti, TUV Nord, International Coil, Jones Lang LaSalle, AECOM, ABB India, Emerson Power Network, Marathon Realty, Savvy Infrastructure, Simplex Infrastructure, Thermax Ltd, IRB Infrastructure, Arvind Ltd
Who should apply?
AIIM seeks bright, capable, motivated students who are ready to take advantage of the abundant opportunities we have to offer. Here is the eligibility criteria:
- Bachelors’ Degree in any discipline. Candidates in the final year of graduation may also apply.
- Candidates with valid national-level entrance test-score as per AICTE guidelines may apply to both PGDM (Infrastructure Management) and PGDM (Law)
- Candidates appearing for CLAT, in addition to above-mentioned tests, may apply exclusively to PGDM (Law)
- Apply online: aii.ac.in/aiim/admissions
- Last date to apply: February 22, 2020